Monday, September 12, 2011

Last Week, Organization, and Sunshine

Good morning all!

Today, the sun is finally shining and the grass is greenier then ever.  With all the rain and flooding that last week brought I never thought I would see the sun again.
The view from my back porch
However, despite the sun shining, bird singing, and grass growing  I am sick :(

Yup, runny, stuff nose, ichy sore throat, and well just yucky feeling all over.  I want to chalk it up to my allergies, but there were some germs in our office last week, so who really knows.  Luckily for me, my boss and job are very flexible.  I can work from the comfort of home in my jammies on sick days like today.  I can still paricipate in conference calls and work on projects without affecting or infecting anyone else at the office.  It's great compromise and I am so thankful to have this opportunity.

Today's agenda is a lot of creating on the site!  Making new pages and developing a new concept (which you will have to stay tuned to check out).  Lately, Eric, I and the rest of the team have been thinking of some really great new projects for Stage of Life.  There are lots of new great things for Stage of Life coming within the next year.

On a side note, I had my 90 review last week (before the flood).  It was great to hear the things that I need to work harder at (like being on time) and the things that I excel at (like my people skills).  I didn't feel nervous for my review because I know that Eric is a mentor and would encourage me rather than put me down for things I need to work (which there were a few).  All in all it was great review and we some how got off on some tangents, which allowed us to brainstorm about quiet a few new ideas.  I even got assigned to another large partnership that I can't wait to dig my hands into.


I have so many great ideas for Stage of Life (the site and the corporate end) and I can't wait for the rest of the year to pan out with fun new projects, partnerships, and sponsorships, etc.

Friday, Eric and I went on a shopping trip for the office (which is always fun, for me at least)!  Organizational supplies, office supplies, ink, etc.  It all is so fun to unpack and place once your back to work.  My goal (as Eric's right hand) is to get him organized (LOL)!  I always joke with him that I am super organized and he is not.  Our brains function on a completely different level of chaos.  His desk is my chaos and my organization is his.  Either way the office got some great new things that will benefit everyone (including new interns).

The newest addition to our Stage of Life team :)
I was pretty bummed to not go into the actual office today to see the progress Eric made with his "rearranging and organization" project (he even added it to his project tracker).  Tomorrow I will be able to go check it out and get back to my routine!  I'm so excited!  

Eric gave me a book at the start of my employment about being a good employer.
He wanted me to read it and help him be a good employer.  He doesn't want his employees to find him unapproachable or not flexible.  He wants everyone to be on the same level, which is awesome. I would have to say within my 90 days of being employed by him, he is doing a great job. He makes going to work fun (stressful at times, but always more fun).

If your looking for employment with a great, start-up company, where you can have a mentor and creativity, maybe you should check out StageofLife.com.  Do you need an internship (Writing, marketing, web design or editing)?  Check us out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment