Friday, September 23, 2011

A Rainy Day

Today has been planned for about a week now.  It was supposed to be a great friday expedition.  A business trip, some would say.  Today, we went to Gettysburg. 

Located only about an hour from home, Gettysburg is practically in our back yard (compared to others in the nation).  Eric and I were having meetings with our clients and it seemed like the perfect day to learn more about our nations history, as well as walk around the historic town meeting clients...

Boy oh boy were we wrong.  Today it poured in York and Gettysburg.  Eric and I were drenched, creeks and basements flooded, and we only met with a handful of people.

It has been a hectic day (for me at least).  In a skirt and heels, braving the down pour and presenting our information to new clients is not how I wanted my Friday to go.  Don't get me wrong, I had an amazing time, I just felt nervous and overwhelmed.  I guess that is a natural thing for newbies like myself, but I thought I was past that point.

Things went great, despite my nerves and stress ( and the rain).  All in all the day wasn't half bad.

I feel bad for some of the homes we drove by on the way home.  Some places there was water swelling over the road and in peoples yards.  I took this photo at on point on 234 between East Berlin and York...



We are safe and sound now, back at the office.  It's been one heck of a journey.  I love my job :)

No comments:

Post a Comment