Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Snowy Day Spent Under a Heating Blanket

       Yes folks, it's exactly like it says. This is my day. As my day began to unfold around noon, I  finished organizing my desk and documents, only to get started on my next task.  Since this week is finals week, and I have only one, I am starting on all the new tasks discussed between my boss and I and increasing my hours (wohoo).
       First, on the list "create a blog"......already complete (as of last week).....check.  Well, I have made some seasonal changes to the original blog I created last week, but I think they turned out great.  I'm really hoping for more responses to the poll I created (to the right). This information helps Eric (our CEO) and I figure out what bloggers want to write about. So far this blog is really bringing out my creative side.
       Next, write.  Oi, what a job.  As a professional writing major at Kutztown University my last three years have been nothing but writing  (and I love it).  So this brings me to the now. I am sitting safely under a heating blanket (set on medium), in a recently covered wing back chair, placed ever so comfortably in front of my desk and laptop-- watching the snow fall outside. Today is a good day.
Prior to beginning this blog, I organized all my Stage of Life documents into a binder, giving me a better peace of mind. I'm one of those people. I NEED organization to the things I can control, since the rest of my life is utterly out of control. This way when I start new projects, everything is in order, which just makes things go so much smoother.
      After writing and editing this oh so casual blog, I have some more writing to do. Surprised, I'm not-- this is the life of a writer and a passion of mine. I plan on jumping over to Stage of Life and writing a short essay on what I have been up to lately,  within the College stage (since I am coming to the close of the semester and finals week).
      And finally, the big to do on my list is... I'm looking for new bloggers!  Anyone interested? Anyone need some information about it?  Check out  Stage of Life and help us, change the world one story at a time.

For more information go to my page (at the top) Be a Guest Blogger or email me at megan.colyer@stageoflife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment