Monday, May 16, 2011

Real Life Starts Now

Today was the first day of "real" life; or life after college as a new woman (a new fully employed woman).

 I was up at 6:45am. Showered, dressed, ready, lunch packed, bags ready.

I drove approximately an hour and a half during rush hour on multiple highways, sat in traffic to watch construction workers trim trees along the road, and finally ended up at my destination.

Today, I started full time, working 9-5, in my "real" life, Stage of Life.

Eric and I began our day filling out paperwork, and going through the nuts and bolts of the basics.  We outlined company goals, merchants, new business, and multitudes of random ideas and other conversations along the way.

Raina, our  5 five year-old "office assistant", was very helpful and well behaved as she watched the Muppets and colored beautiful pictures of flowers and rainbows.  (Note to self: she enjoys pretzels, I will bring more tomorrow).

Eric and I brainstormed new ideas for marketing Stage of Life's Facebook and Twitter Pages, how to increase site traffic, and how to acknowledge featured bloggers more often.  Together, we created a media calender that will allow us to follow a schedule of the ten stages of life.

Around 11:30 we took a break for lunch, and resumed work at noon for a conference call.

Katie the new intern arrived around 12:30.  She also got set up with all the necessary paperwork, email, and Google alerts.  We were assigned similar projects and well as some partnership activities for later this week, while Eric is out of town.

Each day I will have a half an hour to browse the ten stages of the site to read over recently posted essays and make comments to encourage members to sign up to become a feature blogger (if their writing is creative and well written).

Eric assigned both Katie and I to a PR project to be worked on this week which includes contacting niche magazines to be used as "helpful hints/resources" for each stage.  I have contact at least 20 magazines for the high school, on my own, married without kids, home improvement, and grandparents/retirement stages.  Katie has been  assigned the other stages.  We will be contacting them about back to school topics, considering most magazines are at least 2-3 months ahead of the season.

My Notes of Magazines


On another note, since starting with Stage of Life, I have become an admin for the Stage of Life Facebook page, created my own Stage of Life Twitter account, and my own Linked In account (where I am linked to Kutztown University and Stage of Life CEO, Eric Thiegs).

Speaking of Linked In, Eric and I will also be working together on a project with Linked In.  So I have lots to do this week, and it's only Monday :)

Hours: 9am-5pm (8/300)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Bob!! I want to follow your blog, but it won't let me! Are you following me? You should :)

    ReplyDelete