Wednesday, May 18, 2011

That Went Well

Yesterday was a great success (in my book at least).  Despite my nerves, meeting Joe Thiegs, CFO of Stage of Life, wasn't has scary as I expected (although we did pick him up in front of the White House).  We arrived in DC around 3:30, to pick Joe up  and take him back to his hotel to change out of his suit.  We got to chitchat on the way and introduce ourselves.


While at his hotel, Eric and I searched for restaurants in the area to hold our business meeting.  Joe suggested Tune Inn, which was featured on one of my favorite shows with Guy Fieri's,  Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.  So off to Capital Hill area we went.  Luckily, there was a parking spot right in front so we snatched it up.  We ate outside, although the sun was in and out of the clouds and there were a few rain drops.
                                                                                
My chili cheese burger from Tune Inn



While we joked around about our food selections and got more acquainted, and we some how managed to talk business!  I pulled out my notebook with 5 pages of notes from our drive to DC and gave Joe and overview of the projects and information that Eric had been telling me about.  We brainstormed for great new projects including merchant advertorials, a mobile coupon, and a multitude of sales projects.

They set me up to create the content for the new Writing is Healthy page, as well as do the sales sheet for the "Coupon-Torials" that we will be offering to new and old merchants. And last, but not least, I brought up the idea of focusing the merchant rewards on college students (because after all we are all flat broke).   So we are hoping to develop a college coupon program.

So with all that being said, I have a lot on my plate already (but I am hopeful and excited) and that does even scratch the surface of today's work.  Today, I updated the Facebook and Twitter pages with today's On My Own essay and statistics.  I also, replied to emails from April's contest finalists, added two featured bloggers to the system, created a HARO account, went through the HARO's and found some that fit Stage of Life.  I always email them to Eric so he can then send a pitch to the reporter, but today he asked  me to write my best pitch and send to them.  So next on my list is writing a pitch to sent to a reporter about how to gain Facebook "likes" on a business page.

Eric will be out of the office tomorrow and Friday, so I will be putting in my 8 hours, both days, from home working on all these projects.  Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment