Monday, June 6, 2011

May Finalists


40 Finalists of the May Writing Contest (Winner being judged currently)
  • I Overcame my anxiety with a taste of perspective by qfan2012 (This writer’s father pushed her to succeed so hard she passed out in school)
  • I Overcame the fear of almost losing the one closest to me by mkogan17 (His mother’s breast cancer diagnosis forced him to grow into the “man of the house”)
  • I overcame loss by Mancub55 (This teen lost his dad in the course of a day)
  • I Overcame overwhelming peer pressure by pocketfulofpoppies (This writer stayed strong to her morals, even if it meant losing friends)
  • I Overcame Freshman Year by Keyy (This writer’s freshman year took a rocky turn when she got into a fight with a close friend)
  • I Overcame My Best Friend’s Death by mynameisASHley (This teen lost two of her close friends to a preventable ATV accident)
  • I Overcame what would have been my friend’s sixteenth birthday by 1605102 (This teen lost her close friend when she was seven)
  • I Overcame my first break-up by schoi94 (Streams of thought about her recent break-up with her boyfriend)
  • I Overcame My Own Heart by jyamamura (Prose about his struggle to tell his ex how much she hurt him)
  • I Overcame my fear of the future by Salad (This writer wanted to be a doctor… but then realized it wouldn’t be what she thought)
  • I Overcame a soldier’s transition by JasonmDouglas (This soldier found an easy transition to civilian life by enrolling in college)
  • I Overcame the fear of uncertainty by skg31 (College taught her that not everything in life can be planned or controlled)
  • I Overcame Myself and a Horrible Report Card by coolazndude (This student learned about himself thanks to an assortment of “bad” grades)
  • I Overcame Pre-IB by artfreak889 (This student survived a very rigorous academic schedule)
  • I Overcame the Junior Speech by kaliswan (This teen was terrified of public speaking)
  • I Overcame the total hate I had for school by Mele Writer (This teen found her best friend in school after finding a stranger crying in a bathroom)
  • The Night of August 10, 2010 (The Night I Was Raped) Did I Overcome It? by Purple.Moonlite (She was able to overcome her fear of her rapist and speak in court)
  • I Overcame the pain of purposelessness by brooki67 (She does not let her father’s abrupt departure define who she is)
  • I Overcame Fear by Chelarose (She escaped a destructive friendship)
  • I Overcame My Preconceived Notions by MichelleC (A tough high school experience made her strong and wise)
  • I Overcame my self-consciousness by Cynthiak93 (Letters to her self-consciousness)
  • I Overcame Being in the Psych Ward by Sidney820 (Prose about this writer’s experience in a psych ward)
  • I Overcame a Traumatic Experience by rAPEL student (This teen survived a horrendous car crash that resulted in a fear of driving)
  • I Overcame my unbearable shyness by KL94 (This teen’s friends forced her to learn self confidence after they nominated her for social queen)
  • I Overcame the overwhelming pressures of life by AN11 (This writer learned that it is okay if you are not perfect)
  • I Overcame self-hate by renegade-angel (This teen learned that everyone has struggles)
  • I Overcame—My Fractured Hope by Shinjini (Prose about life’s disappointments)
  • I Overcame a Life of Quiet Desperation by ishmealarmageddon (She worked to become motivated and informed)
  • I Overcame Negativity by Withanayin (This teen made herself happier by focusing on the positives in her life)
  • I Overcame false expectations by NRNT (This writer competition take over her love her art, sports, and friends)
  • I Overcame unconsciousness by StephanieWilliams72865 (This student learned to actually see, instead of just looking)
  • I Overcame the person I thought I was by sammjcs (This writer molded her personality to what she thought others wanted to see)
  • I Overcame Myself, the Media, and Anyone Who Tells Me Otherwise by Kaitesbs (Confidence begins with positivity)
  • I Overcame My Disability by gcrawford (This student struggled to succeed in school after being diagnosed with PTSD)
  • I Overcame the Fear of Quitting by moolive (This student decided to quit some activities in order to give herself more time to focus on things she excelled in)
  • I Overcame America by falcovfrancesca (This teen survived a move to the place she feared most: America)
  • I Overcame Myself by anna.libertin (This writer overcame her fear of starting high school)
  • I Overcame my fear of working in an unfamiliar environment and being proactive by KristyC (This teen tutored non-English speaking students)
  • I Overcame a Single Inch by spcrowl (This teen conquered a very tough high jump)
  • I Overcame Heart Break by maycock (This teen suffered the devastating loss of her grandfather)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment