Friday, June 10, 2011

What a Week

This week was a whirlwind of tasks, thank God it is Friday!

Yesterday I had the day off to visit family, but luckily I can still work on my hours over the weekend or whenever I find time.

However, I guess I should start at Wednesday where I left off.

____________________Wednesday______________
The day began, with me working at home, like my usual Wednesday, but because I worked two extra hours on Tuesday I got to be done at 3pm.  This was great because my boyfriend and I had tickets for a Phillies game that evening.  It was a great time (and they won, 2-0).

During my work day, Eric and I talked via phone a skype multiple times.  He is a great resource when I am unsure of exactly what I should be doing.  

I wrote the May press release for the teen writing contest as well as continued to connect with May finalists.  Out of 40 finalists, I can say that about a quarter  responded on Wednesday and those conversations kept me busy (which I love!).  Creating relationships with the bloggers is one of my favorite parts of my job.  

As usual I did Facebook and Twitter updates, and replied to HARO's.

I also did some other fun tasks like:
  • PeoplesBank contacts
  • Updating our one account database
  • Searching Linked In for people I know and have been working with.
  • Making contacts with helpful website that I think could be featured on StageofLife.com
___________________Thursday_____________

Took the day off to re-group and visit family

_______________________Friday________________

TGIF. Today, I had a in person meeting with Dave and his wife from Miller's Plant Farm at 9am.  Eric went with me to be my back up in case I froze.  We had a really great meeting with them and hope to hear from them soon.  They have some great stuff in their new store, I even bought some strawberries for breakfast and Eric bought his wife, Becky, a flower for her birthday.

Once we returned to our office, we really got cooking. As usual I did Facebook and Twitter updates, and replied to HARO's.  Eric had two conference calls this morning that I sat in on and took some notes.  The first call was with Pepper Jam, and they gave us a tutorial with their site, which was great.  

The second call, at 11:30, was with Gabriella, our newest intern.  She is also from Kutztown, we have had classes together and I helped her contact Eric.  She is very excited to get started in the fall.  Around 12 we had lunch and Katie came.  From 12:30-1:30 we had a "staff" meeting and brainstorm session. 

The rest of the afternoon we are working on our separate projects, and having a lot of fun listening to some kick butt 80's music. I'm working on contacting potential partners to work with Stage of Life as well as bloggers, while Katie contacts potential advertisers, and Eric works his magic making phone calls and dealing with the real tough stuff.  

Today, we got the bean bag chairs in the mail from our newest partner, Comfort Research!  I am very excited to take mine home and enjoy it. It has been a really productive day and I am excited to hear back from all the people and businesses that I have made contact with this week.





No comments:

Post a Comment