Friday, June 3, 2011

Thursday and Friday in Office

Yesterday and today, I got the pleasure of being in office (because of the holiday on Monday).  Eric and I got a lot of work done (and Katie too).

At 10am, I was to host a conference call with a potential client, because Eric had meeting scheduled at the Susan Byrnes Health Center.  I called when the time came, and the client had us in her calender for another time, so we rescheduled for 2pm.

Until 2pm, I worked on multiple random projects and Katie got her first response from a website (which is really exciting in the Intern world, if you have never interned).  Right around 1:45pm Eric realized that he left something very important at the meeting site from the morning.  Sadly, he had to jump in the car and head back there to retrieve it, leaving Katie and I to host the conference call on our own (he must trust us).

At 2pm I dialed the number and put the phone on speaker so all parties could be heard and speak.  I introduced Katie and I, and explained that Eric had to run out and that we would be hosting the call.  There were no problems, during the call (except not knowing  what a few abbreviations and business terms meant).  It was a great learning experience and the call lasted half an hour.  We both took a lot of notes to share with Eric, when he returned.

Sometime close to 3pm, Eric returned and we broke down the phone call for him.  We both reviewed our notes and set up a time next week to speak with the company again.  So, I guess I survived my first conference call.

The rest of afternoon flew by, and around 4pm Eric and I headed to Hanover for a happy hour meeting with the Gettysburg Foundation and Affinigent. We went to a place called Kclingers and it was great.  I got to meet the people that I will be working with closely at Stage of Life.  I got home around 8:30 and that finished my Stage of Life Thursday.

______________________________________________

Today,  the morning kicked off on the right foot....iced caramel latte :)

Plus when  I first arrived at the office I got to play with Story (Eric's 2nd  daughter).  Eric had a business call right away this morning so I had a chance to just get settled in and respond to emails and do some minor projects, like updating Facebook and Twitter, and adding a new section to our PRESS page on Stage of Life and updating/changing editor photos.

At 11am, we had a very exciting conference call with a potential partner, that I set up.  I started the call and did the introductions and left Eric do the rest (interjecting here and there).  We got a lot accomplished with that call :)

For the rest of the afternoon, I did a lot of Facebook managing and creating, which is really exciting.  I got to create two ads for Stage of Life and set up the account linked to them.  I will be in charge of monitoring this account and reporting the progress of the ads.  It sets you up with a really cool dash board to follow the ads. It's awesome.

I also worked, for about the last hour of my day, on Peoples Bank outreach. It was an extremely productive day, and I am looking forward to next Monday and Tuesday, because I will be in office again.

No comments:

Post a Comment